Welcome to the Deerfield Village Propery Owners’ Association in Shepherdstown, WV Website.
This is the home page for the Deerfield Village Property Owners’ Association. The site is designed to provide residents of the Deerfield Village Community with information about the Association along with other neighborhood activities.
The next Deerfield Village Board of Directors meeting will be held at 7:15 pm on October 7th at 28 Field Crest Court. All residents are welcome, but if you plan to attend, please call Paul Wilmoth in advance to ensure adequate seating.
Trick or Treat
Deerfield Village will observe Trick or Treat on October 31, from 6 to 8 pm. Please be especially careful when driving – watch out for the Gremlins….
Attention Deerfield Village Residents
• Please remember to pick up after your pets and dispose of waste appropriately throughout the community.
• Remember the covenant guidelines: i.e., please keep dogs on a leash at all times for your safety and that of others, and submit landscape improvement forms for approval before work is done.
• Please protect the children by obeying the village speed limit. Please also remind your visitors to do the same.
• There has been a “safe house” established in each cul-de-sac for children of the neighborhood to use if needed in an emergency situation.
• Please tend to your adopted section of the trail as needed.
• Stay tuned to the neighborhood website for Deerfield village clean up days and other additional announcements.
Deerfield Village is what we the homeowners make of it. Please do what you can to keep it looking its best!
Water Saving Tips
Water is expensive — these water saving tips are provided by Jefferson Utilities, Inc.
• Run your dishwasher and laundry with full loads
• Wash fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of under a running faucet
• Hold a 1 gallon bucket in your shower. If the bucket fills up in less than 20 seconds, then you should consider replacing your shower head with a more water efficient model
• Verify you have no leaking toilets of faucets. We’re more likely to notice leaks indoors, but don’t forget to check outdoor faucets, sprinklers and hoses for leaks
Approximate amounts of water used for common household activities:
• Laundry – 30 gallons per load
• Shower/tub – 30 gallons per shower
• Toilet – 5 gallons per flush
• Dishwasher – 15 to 30 gallons per load
The commonly accepted per household value for water consumption is 4,500 gallon per month.
Some electronics, specifically televisions, computers and computer monitors or any device that has a video screen, have been banned from landfills in this area. These items must be separated from your regular trash and you must call or e-mail Apple Valley Waste customer service to schedule a separate pickup. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-267-1280 for information or to schedule pickup.
Help Keep Our Neighborhood Litter Free
Summer brings rain to the area and also puts a lot ow water in the bottom of your trash and re-cycling containers. Please use lids or drill small holes in the bottom to allow water to escape. This willl help avoid service delays (due to the containers being too heavy) and aid in the safe collection of the waste.
Please make sure all trash is bagged and all bags are tied shut before placing at the curb.
Help keep the area litter free. If you are using an open-top recycle bin, you can bag your recyclables and then place the bag inside the container to indicate that it is for recycle collection. This will help keep recycling from blowing around the area.
Make sure all trash and recycling is out the night before your scheduled pickup date. Check containers for bee nests.
You Don’t Have To Go Far…
Many services are available right here in Deerfield Village. Looking to buy or sell something? Have Insurance needs or advice? Need plumbing services? A builder? A cake for a special occasion? Check out the Residents Page – the page is for YOUR use – take advantage of it.
2014 Holiday Trash/Recycling Schedule
The following holidays will delay trash/recycling pickup by one day in Deerfield Village:
Memorial Day – Monday, May 26
Independence Day – Friday, July 4
Labor Day – Monday, September 1
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 27
Christmas Day – Thursday, December 25
Solid Waste Recycling
The Jefferson County Solid Waste Authority accepts used motor oil, kerosene, transmission/hydraulic fluid, newspapers and magazines, brown, green and clear glass bottles, aluminum and tin cans and Number 1 and 2 plastic. The facility is located in Leetown on Orchard Road and is open 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Call 304-728-0430 for information.